Sticks'n'Sushi is featured in these Guides:
Top 10 things we learnt about Sticks N Sushi restaurant:
1) Nestled in Covent Garden, this chic, minimalist Japanese hangout is something of a tardis - the dark doorway hides a fresh, exposed brick interior with comfortable seating which seems to stretch back for miles.
2) It's no quick-food-fix to satisfy a on-the-road hunger pangs. This Copenhagen-born chain of restaurants combines classic Japanese ingredients with quirky Danish ideas to create painstakingly created sushi which needs to be savoured, not rushed.
3) Treat yourself to a cocktail while browsing the menu. We were particularly impressed with the Yuzu Zoo, a blend of citrus martini, gin and yuzu with a dash of honey; sweet and sour at its best.
4) There's both a 'shelf service' and a sushi platter menu, meaning you can choose a platter for two-four people, and supplement it with extras, such as miso-marinated black cod and beef with chilli sauce. They're all served on sticks, naturally.
5) Despite this London venue having just opened (there’s also a Wimbledon branch, as well 10 Danish restaurants), it’s surprisingly busy by 6:30pm. Make sure you book ahead, especially at weekends.
6) A trip to the bathroom is all part of the Sticks experience - incense sticks, calming music and exotic hand creams take you a million miles away from the bustling kitchen next door.
7) You might be dining on a selection of fish, but that doesn't mean you have to stick to white wine. There are some superb lighter reds which complement seafood.
8) Leave room for dessert. We opted for the exotic lemon, yuzu and meringue, served in a martini cocktail glass. Fresh and vibrant, the flavours combined to make the perfect end to the meal.
9) The service was some of the best we'd experienced in London. It's definitely worth asking your waiter for food and wine recommendations - their knowledge of the food is excellent and they're happy to chat to you about your preferences.
10) Having gone in expecting a pretentious and over-priced dining experience, I was left eating humble pie (or at least, humble sushi). The chilled out vibe, no-rush service and delectable dishes means this is one restaurant that we will be returning to in a hurry....read more
Leave Your Review of Sticks'n'Sushi
|Value for Money rating:|
Characters remaining: 2600
|Subscribe to the Fluid e-newsletter:||Get the hottest special offers, bar info and restaurant news first. You can unsubscribe at any time. We take your privacy very seriously and will never share your details with third parties witout your consent.|
Your review has been submitted. Once you have verified your e-mail address, it will be displayed on the site.
- Cuisine Type: Japanese
- Group: Sticks’n’Sushi
Sticks'n'Sushi has yet to supply us with with a public email address. You can telephone them on 020 3141 8810 (please mention Fluid London when calling).
Send a link of Sticks'n'Sushi to a friend
|Send to email|
Enter the number shown above:
I agree to the Terms & Conditions
If this is your first message through the Fluid London, before your enquiry is sent to the venue, you will recieve a message asking you to confirm your email address. This is to prevent fraudulent enquiries and bookings.
A link to Sticks'n'Sushi on Fluid London has been sent.
Please note that Fluid London has no affiliation with any venues listed on our websites
Nearby Pubs & Bars