Joe's Southern Kitchen & Bar Review
Book a table at Joe's Southern Kitchen & Bar
Joe's Southern Kitchen & Bar is featured in these Guides:
Top 10 things we discovered about Joe’s Southern Kitchen when we visited:
1) This is the place to head for some deep Southern, home cooking comfort. I'm not sure if there is a big Mama cooking away in the kitchen, but it suuuuuuure does feel authentic.
2) The restaurant itself is actually more slick than homely. It wouldn’t look out of place in a big town in Tennessee or Louisiana with its big neon Coca Cola sign and its Jailhouse Rock posters. The look hasn’t changed too much since its Navajo Joe days here in Covent Garden with the giant coloured panel bar still acting as centrepiece.
3) The Jailhouse rock theme extends to the music. It’s Elvis heaven for fans of the era.
4) It is one restaurant where it’s not fashionable to arrive late. I was there around 8pm on a Saturday night and the ribs were all sold out!
5) If you are allergic to fried food, stay away. It’s all about the crispiness here; whether it’s the tempura seasonal vegetables or the crispy skin of the famous Joe’s Southern Fried Chicken (they actually use a pressure fryer to make it healthier).
6) Thank God for fried food when the staff challenge you to a 1-Night-In-Jail cocktail. It’s so deadly, guests are only allowed to purchase two per night. It’s mixed using three types of bourbon – Wild Turkey 101 (50.5%), Noah’s Mill (57.15%) and Jim Beam Devils Cut (45%) - and if the devil ever made a cocktail, this would be it!
7) If you want to pick up the southern accent, head for the toilets; a southern drawl on loop helps you learn the lingo.
8) It’s nice to see they have a sense of humour: the towel wipes are covered with “Caution – WET” and the Methylchloroisothiazolinone listed on the ingredients sure smelled nice.
9) The kind of music they play calls for a little party and luckily they have a cosy dance floor in the basement to work off those calories.
10) They’ve cruelly crushed my image of James Bond as a vodka martini drinker. Their menu kindly educated me that his first drink in Ian Fleming’s first novel was, in fact, an Americano. For me, I rather liked the look of their cocktail, Son Of A Peach....read more
Leave Your Review of Joe's Southern Kitchen & Bar
|Value for Money rating:|
Characters remaining: 2600
|Subscribe to the Fluid e-newsletter:||Get the hottest special offers, bar info and restaurant news first. You can unsubscribe at any time. We take your privacy very seriously and will never share your details with third parties witout your consent.|
Your review has been submitted. Once you have verified your e-mail address, it will be displayed on the site.
- Cuisine Type: American
- Group: Maxwell's Restaurants, Clubs & Bars
Joe's Southern Kitchen & Bar has yet to supply us with with a public email address. You can telephone them on 020 7240 4008 (please mention Fluid London when calling).
Send a link of Joe's Southern Kitchen & Bar to a friend
|Send to email|
Enter the number shown above:
I agree to the Terms & Conditions
If this is your first message through the Fluid London, before your enquiry is sent to the venue, you will recieve a message asking you to confirm your email address. This is to prevent fraudulent enquiries and bookings.
A link to Joe's Southern Kitchen & Bar on Fluid London has been sent.
Please note that Fluid London has no affiliation with any venues listed on our websites
Joe's Southern Kitchen & Bar Map
Nearby Pubs & Bars