Bustronome London Review
Book a table at Bustronome London
Bustronome London is featured in these Guides:
Top 10 things to know about Bustronome:#F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 40px; margin-right: 14px; width: 40px;">View this post on Instagram
If you catch the #BustronomeLondon bus and don't look around to enjoy stunning views like this, you're doing it wrong… ?? #TowerBridge ? .? .? .? #londoner #londonbus #naturalhistorymuseum #picadillycircus #londoneye #bigben #saintpaulcathedral #towerbridge #toweroflondon #londonlife #bustronome #bustronomelondon #quirkylondon #quirky #visitlondon #londoneats #londonfooddiaries
1) Have you ever imagined a day when you'd be fine-dining on a luxury double-decker bus as the familiar streets and landmarks of London cruise by? Us neither. Welcome to Bustronome, an unusual, quirky London restaurant experience you won't forget for a long time.
2) Hop aboard on the busy Embankment Road, head upstairs and let your eyes wander. The fully transformed, spruced-up dining space is complete with pebble oak coloured flooring, huge 360° panoramic windows, a glass ceiling, and smooth, eclectic music playing in the background. This is no ordinary double-decker.
3) Seat yourself down at your table and look upon the six-course gastronomic tour ahead; creative English dishes with a French twist made from seasonal ingredients. And, because the ingredients are seasonal, the menu changes according to the time of year.
4) So, how does the food taste with no kitchen onboard? For starters, the duo of fish was fresh and delicately accompanied with lightly pickled vegetables. The cheesecake of goats cheese with rosemary, and the sun-blushed tomatoes, were outstanding; creamy, smooth, and perfectly joined by onion compote and yellow pepper dressing. However, without a fully functioning kitchen onboard, the flaky pan-fried cod with mussels and ballotine of chicken with stuffed lamb mouse and tarragon could be, well, hotter. While beautifully presented, it cannot live up to the same quality as a dish straight from the kitchen.
5) Like any fine-dining establishment, service can make or break, and I am happy to report that the waiters here are absolute superstars. Dressed smartly in a waistcoat, they introduced themselves personally, and layed napkins across your lap. I have to admire the skills needed to serve while maintaining their balance as the bus gently swayed.
6) By day, you'll find yourself looking through the panoramic windows and glass ceiling to admire St Paul's Cathedral, Tower Bridge and the Tower of London. By night, the twinkling lights of London's West End, along with that smooth jazzy music, creates an intimate space. Perfect for a date perhaps?
7) I know what you're thinking - doesn't everything just spill everywhere? You'd be right if it weren't for the steady pace at which the bus is cruising at, and the clear plastic trays and grippy dinner mat that holds your dinner where it should be. Two hours of touring and zero spillages. Quite a feat.
8) Feel the sense of surrealism as your bus cruises along the streets you know so well as you tuck into your dessert of blackberry and strawberry compote. When you're drawing curious looks from passers-by snapping quick pictures, you know you're experiencing quirky London.
9) Of course, no tour is complete without a guide and at Bustronome you have your own personal, knowledgeable tour leader in the form of an Audiopen, a nifty little device that will talk to you about London's magnificent history, streets, and landmarks as the bus meanders.
10) You’ve got to hand it to Bustronome for bringing a quirky dining experience to the roads(!) of London. The food can never live up to the same standard as a normal restaurant. Nevertheless, fine-dining on a bus? That's one memorable experience worth writing home about.
Leave Your Review of Bustronome London
|Value for Money rating:|
Characters remaining: 2600
|Subscribe to the Fluid e-newsletter:||Get the hottest special offers, bar info and restaurant news first. You can unsubscribe at any time. We take your privacy very seriously and will never share your details with third parties witout your consent.|
Your review has been submitted. Once you have verified your e-mail address, it will be displayed on the site.
- Cuisine Type: Modern British
- Group: (Independent/Freehouse)
Bustronome London has yet to supply us with with a public email address. You can telephone them on <em>Not on file</em> (please mention Fluid London when calling).
Send a link of Bustronome London to a friend
|Send to email|
Enter the number shown above:
I agree to the Terms & Conditions
If this is your first message through the Fluid London, before your enquiry is sent to the venue, you will recieve a message asking you to confirm your email address. This is to prevent fraudulent enquiries and bookings.
A link to Bustronome London on Fluid London has been sent.
Please note that Fluid London has no affiliation with any venues listed on our websites
Bustronome London Map
Nearby Pubs & Bars