Bubba Gump Review
Bubba Gump is featured in these Guides:
Top 10 things we learnt about Bubba Gump restaurant:
1) Stupid is as stupid does. That is how I feel on the rare occasions I venture into a themed restaurant like Planet Hollywood or Hard Rock Café. It doesn’t get any more themed than Bubba Gump, an American export that is entirely based around the film character, Forrest Gump.
2) My toffee-nosed, stiff upper lip attitude did find the entrance most disagreeable, when I realised the whole ground floor was filled with merchandise to sell. Isn’t it all about Bubba’s shrimps? However if you have as many late running friends as I do, it’s actually remarkably handy to have film memorabilia to browse through.
3) I could see the theme of the evening would involve me eating copious amounts of humble Mama Gump pie. On entering the restaurant, my sense of “oh, this is going to be rather vulgar” soon turned to child-like bewilderment as I saw the Forrest Gump bench, the box of chocolates, Bubba’s shrimping net.
4) Crustacean lovers will think they’ve stumbled into Atlantis: there are lobsters, crabs, shellfish and the ubiquitous shrimps.
5) The typically insipid mac & cheese that I would never usually order as a starter was unexpectedly turned into a rich, flavoursome dish with the addition of shrimps. Their star attraction is the beautifully presented Shrimper’s Heaven, which has their finest ingredient cooked in multiple ways.
6) Much like the film, cocktails here are epic, and often relate to the film, such as key characters like Jenny and Lt. Dan.
7) The efficient service was at its American best with signs like ‘Run Forrest run’ and ‘Stop Forrest stop’ included at the table. Maybe they can supply free text messages to hurry late running friends too?
8) If you are visiting on a date, remember to brush up on your Forrest Gump trivia first, as you get tested regularly at your tables by the effervescent waiters.
9) The only real disappointment is the bathroom. It is very modern and clean but with zero theming; I was almost expecting Gumpisms to be broadcasted to aid with relaxation.
10) “You may be an idiot but try not to be stupid.” If you only do one American thing this year (Thanksgiving? 4th of July? Superbowl Sunday?), I would definitely make it a visit to the pleasantly beguiling, Bubba Gump....read more
Leave Your Review of Bubba Gump
|Value for Money rating:|
Characters remaining: 2600
|Subscribe to the Fluid e-newsletter:||Get the hottest special offers, bar info and restaurant news first. You can unsubscribe at any time. We take your privacy very seriously and will never share your details with third parties witout your consent.|
Your review has been submitted. Once you have verified your e-mail address, it will be displayed on the site.
- Cuisine Type: Seafood
- Group: (Independent/Freehouse)
Bubba Gump has yet to supply us with with a public email address. You can telephone them on 020 3763 5288 (please mention Fluid London when calling).
Send a link of Bubba Gump to a friend
|Send to email|
Enter the number shown above:
I agree to the Terms & Conditions
If this is your first message through the Fluid London, before your enquiry is sent to the venue, you will recieve a message asking you to confirm your email address. This is to prevent fraudulent enquiries and bookings.
A link to Bubba Gump on Fluid London has been sent.
Please note that Fluid London has no affiliation with any venues listed on our websites
Bubba Gump Map
Nearby Pubs & Bars