Top 10 things you should know about Vapiano Tower Bridge:
1) You’ve been walking the length of the South Bank and beyond, enjoying the views of the river Thames, trying to ignore the countless tourists along the way, when hunger strikes. Located right next to the Bridge Theatre, Vapiano restaurant near Tower Bridge comes to your rescue.
2) Don’t expect a sit-down service at this pizza/pasta restaurant. Things work a little differently here. In fact, it may well remind you of that last, all-inclusive holiday you had when a simple room card would give you the right to eat and drink as much as you wanted. Simply tap your Vapiano card (given upon arrival) each time you order at the bar and food counters. Go easy, though; you need to pay for it all before you leave!
3) If you love communal dining, this place is for you. It’s not your romantic-table-for-two kinda place, even if the views over Tower Bridge and the river say otherwise.
4) Head upstairs if you like things a little more chilled and enjoy the floor-to-ceiling views over London’s iconic landmarks, such as the Tower of London. If it’s more of a buzzy vibe you prefer, downstairs is best, where the bar and open kitchens are found.
5) Pizza and pasta aren’t served together so you might end up queuing at opposite ends of the restaurant. Pasta is cooked while you wait; pizza orders are called via a buzzer. It’s all about the timing if you want to eat together.
6) Top tip: grab your drinks from the bar first (the cocktail list is superb) and choose your table before ordering your food, or you’ll be wandering around with a plate of cold food and nothing to wash it down with.
7) The pasta looks great but opt for the risotto gamberetti e pomodoro instead; feast on those king prawns in a lush and creamy tomato risotto. It’s well worth the short wait as you watch the chef cook up your meal from start to end. Accept the extra garlic and chilli offered, they really do add that extra kick and make the dish taste even better.
8) Pizzas are first class, handmade and cooked in the wood-fired oven. Go for the calzone with spicy sausage if you want a bite that packs a punch. You’ll need that pint of Moretti to cool those taste buds down.
9) Desserts are ordered at the bar. This is a clever move by Vapiano as you’re bound to order a sneaky last drink to round things off. Death by chocolate is dreamy and the espresso strength tiramisu will ensure you don’t fall asleep on the Tube on the way home.
10) Vapiano Tower Bridge isn’t any ordinary London pizza restaurant – there’s something quite fun about watching your meal being cooked and you certainly won’t be left wondering what’s in it when you’ve seen, with your own eyes, every single ingredient dropped in. ...read more
Leave Your Review of Vapiano
|Value for Money rating:|
Characters remaining: 2600
|Subscribe to the Fluid e-newsletter:||Get the hottest special offers, bar info and restaurant news first. You can unsubscribe at any time. We take your privacy very seriously and will never share your details with third parties witout your consent.|
Your review has been submitted. Once you have verified your e-mail address, it will be displayed on the site.
- Cuisine Type: Italian
- Group: Vapiano
Vapiano has yet to supply us with with a public email address. You can telephone them on <em>Not on file</em> (please mention Fluid London when calling).
Send a link of Vapiano to a friend
|Send to email|
Enter the number shown above:
I agree to the Terms & Conditions
If this is your first message through the Fluid London, before your enquiry is sent to the venue, you will recieve a message asking you to confirm your email address. This is to prevent fraudulent enquiries and bookings.
A link to Vapiano on Fluid London has been sent.
Please note that Fluid London has no affiliation with any venues listed on our websites
Nearby Pubs & Bars