The Crown and Two Chairmen Review
Book a table at The Crown and Two Chairmen
The Crown and Two Chairmen is featured in these Guides:
Top 10 things you need to know about the Crown and Two Chairman pub:
1) Soho on a Saturday night; the drunken weave on the pavements, lit with candy-coloured neon lights. Dean Street is awash with dressed-up girls, moonstruck couples and out-of-town visitors consorting in the noisy air.
2) The Crown and Two Chairman pub is spilling over with revellers. It’s as over-stuffed as the cushion on the pub’s sign, propping up the regal derriere. But the only queen in residence is Beyonce whose dulcet tones compete with the high-spirited Saturday night songs, gossip and flirting.
3) As we turf a poor couple off their table, (they are gracious, it’s a friendly spot), it becomes clear that this is a forum for the beginning of revelry, not a leisurely meal. The barman arrives with menus and charms us with a crisp pint of Camden Hells lager, brewed up the road.
4) Rather than hover on the outskirts of the party unfolding around us, we plump for party food: calamari, burgers and fried chicken.
5) As the two women on the table next to us get technical about how to improve dimensions of big hair with precise backcombing, the calarami arrives with a bottle of Rioja.
6) The squid yields nicely and is knocked back with a lusty (huge) glass of red. It’s a reminder that the nourishment element of a night out can be sorely missed in London.
7) Fighting through a sing-a-long of some nineties classics, the waiter delivers fried chicken, mac and cheese, fries and a pork and chorizo burger.
8) Our meal is shared close up, to chat over the party, and relished over some hard-core people watching. There are more obvious places in Soho for dinner, but the dishes here are salty, spicy, savoury and carbohydrate dense. We devour.
9) Breaking open a salted caramel and chocolate cheesecake with clotted cream, we realise that a pub with food on a busy Saturday is an asset with many Soho hours ahead to while away.
10) The point of the Crown and Two Chairman pub isn’t being the regal outsider hidden in the carriage – it’s getting up close and personal with the good, great and badly behaved of Soho. Fill up your wine glass, order some sustenance for the night ahead and warm up your vocal chords....read more
Customer Reviews for The Crown and Two Chairmen
Average (based on 3 votes): 3 Atmosphere: Value: Quality:
The following customer reviews are not endorsed by Fluid London and are simply those of users who wish to publish their independent experiences of The Crown and Two Chairmen.
“Great pub for an after work glass of wine, they have so many different bottles on offer and I was pleased to find recently they have added one of my favourite South African whites. Gets busy upstairs quite early on thursdays/fridays but I much prefer it up there - especially if i can get a seat with my friends.”
Atmosphere: Value: Quality:
June Brett, London (11 years 1 months 29 days ago)
“Cheapest place in soho, its got a great atmosphere and the steff are amazing and friendly... will always go back...”
Atmosphere: Value: Quality:
Kylie, London (14 years 10 months 1 days ago)
“Yawn! You could be anywhere, so go elsewhere.
I saw Gary Bushell there, so that's another reason not to go.”
Atmosphere: Value: Quality:
james whitmee, [ Unknown ] (17 years 2 months 18 days ago)
Leave Your Review of The Crown and Two Chairmen
|Value for Money rating:|
Characters remaining: 2600
|Subscribe to the Fluid e-newsletter:||Get the hottest special offers, bar info and restaurant news first. You can unsubscribe at any time. We take your privacy very seriously and will never share your details with third parties witout your consent.|
Your review has been submitted. Once you have verified your e-mail address, it will be displayed on the site.
snacks (chipolatas, nachos, chips, wedges,calamari...) from £3.50 ... a good range of burgers from £6.50, traditional english food such as fish and chips, sunday roast, steak, sandwiches from £3.5o deal such as fish fingers and pork sausages....we also offer options for vegetarians. Our other disses included Bourgignon Pie, Risotto, Chicken Cassolet, Chilli and Rice, and others
The Crown and two Chairmen has a big range of imported lagers, ciders and wines.....traditional english ales and some good falvoured beers.
- Cuisine Type: British
- Average Price: Â£7.00
- Dress Code: Not Specified
- Group: Mitchells and Butlers
Special offers, discounts and deals at The Crown and Two Chairmen
As we know Soho is a place everyone is always in a rush. The C2C offers a good deal on sandwiches from Mon-Fri from only£3.50 lunch time.Tuesdays the WINE CLUB offers wines from only £7.95from5.oopm
The Crown and Two Chairmen Hire Details
An upstairs area where is avaiable tables or the whole room to hire
Type: Private Room
Days: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
Cost - Hire Fee: £ 250 / Min Bar Spend: £ 2000
Options: Food Available, Seating Available,
DJ: Provide your own
Notes: They have an upstairs area with the capacity of 100 ppl, avaiable for bookings and reserve tables, just click on the website for more details and reservations.
The Crown and Two Chairmen has yet to supply us with with a public email address. You can telephone them on 020 7437 8192 (please mention Fluid London when calling).
Send a link of The Crown and Two Chairmen to a friend
|Send to email|
Enter the number shown above:
I agree to the Terms & Conditions
If this is your first message through the Fluid London, before your enquiry is sent to the venue, you will recieve a message asking you to confirm your email address. This is to prevent fraudulent enquiries and bookings.
A link to The Crown and Two Chairmen on Fluid London has been sent.
Please note that Fluid London has no affiliation with any venues listed on our websites
The Crown and Two Chairmen Map
Nearby Pubs & Bars