Cappuccetto Soho Review
Top 10 things we discovered about Cappuccetto’s Italian Restaurant when we visited:
1) Cappuccetto’s means Little (Red) Riding Hood, for those interested in learning a bit more Italian than “Ciao”.
2) On which note, if you want to have a go at speaking some of the local lingo, Cappuccetto’s independent Italian restaurant in Soho is the place to go. The charming service staff are Italian and a pleasant chatter of fast-paced conversation flows from the kitchen.
3) As restaurant locations go, it doesn’t get much better than this; just off Shaftesbury Avenue, on a small, but bustling pedestrian street, mere minutes from London’s West End theatres.
4) Unsurprisingly, given its central spot, it’s a popular venue for the theatre-going crowd so it’s likely to be busy before and after main performance times. Head there during show times and you might even have the place to yourself: romantic.
5) You should arrive hungry, especially if you plan to eat starters, mains and desserts; portion sizes are Italian, which is Italian for ‘generous’.
6) For a more immersive experience in Italian culture, cast your eye over the mozzarella menu, which offers a baffling choice of the cheese that, I’ll wager, you never knew even existed. The fresh Burrata is beautifully creamy and definitely worth a trip to the restaurant by itself; all in the name of learning a different culture, obviously.
7) The menu features pasta dishes (freshly made, no less), as you would expect for an Italian restaurant, as well as antipasti; and yet unconventionally, no pizza. Instead a range of unusual fish and meat dishes such as rabbit meatballs and castelmanya steak - more traditional Italian fare to try - are priced at around £15.
8) For a more affordable way to sample the food, Cappuccetto’s also has a lunch menu, designed to be shared tapas-style.
9) The dessert menu features a ‘Surprise Option’. No clues, sorry!
10) You shouldn’t leave without sampling the limoncello. This traditional Italian digestivo - a strong spirit made in Southern Italy using Sorrento lemon juice and zest – is the perfect way to finish off an evening of Italian indulgence. We’d recommend public transport for getting home afterwards, though; the limoncello’s alcohol content is giggle-producing high. ...read more
Customer Reviews for Cappuccetto Soho
Average (based on 1 votes): 1 Atmosphere: Value: Quality:
The following customer reviews are not endorsed by Fluid London and are simply those of users who wish to publish their independent experiences of Cappuccetto Soho.
“8 of us dined- 3 with special diets being coeliacs. The choices were fantastic and the food superb. the restaurant made 3 coliacs very happy, making gluten free dressings and beautiful risottos.”
Atmosphere: Value: Quality:
Mrs M. English, Cornwall (9 years 5 months 22 days ago)
Leave Your Review of Cappuccetto Soho
|Value for Money rating:|
Characters remaining: 2600
|Subscribe to the Fluid e-newsletter:||Get the hottest special offers, bar info and restaurant news first. You can unsubscribe at any time. We take your privacy very seriously and will never share your details with third parties witout your consent.|
Your review has been submitted. Once you have verified your e-mail address, it will be displayed on the site.
We have a variety of Italian wines
Cappuccetto Soho Opening Hours
|Monday:||12:00pm - 11:30pm||Friday:||12:00pm - 11:30pm|
|Tuesday:||12:00pm - 11:30pm||Saturday:||12:00pm - 11:30pm|
|Wednesday:||12:00pm - 11:30pm||Sunday:||12:00pm - 11:30pm|
|Thursday:||12:00pm - 11:30pm|
- Cuisine Type: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Group: (Independent/Freehouse)
Cappuccetto Soho Hire Details
Our downstairs area is a perfect spot to hold a celebration.
Type: Restricted Area
Days: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Cost - Hire Fee: £ 0 / Min Bar Spend: £ 0
Options: Food Available, Seating Available,
Notes: We have a wonderful private area downstairs available for your event, please ask Alex for more information.
Cappuccetto Soho has yet to supply us with with a public email address. You can telephone them on 020 7437 2527 (please mention Fluid London when calling).
Send a link of Cappuccetto Soho to a friend
|Send to email|
Enter the number shown above:
I agree to the Terms & Conditions
If this is your first message through the Fluid London, before your enquiry is sent to the venue, you will recieve a message asking you to confirm your email address. This is to prevent fraudulent enquiries and bookings.
A link to Cappuccetto Soho on Fluid London has been sent.
Please note that Fluid London has no affiliation with any venues listed on our websites
Cappuccetto Soho Map
Nearby Pubs & Bars