Plate Restaurant & Bar Review
Plate Restaurant & Bar is featured in these Guides:
Top 10 things you need to know about Plate:
1) They do things a little differently at Plate restaurant in Shoreditch. You won’t find an edgy hangout filled with all the cool east London kids. You will find a stylish affair, located within the snazzy surroundings of the M by Montcalm Hotel, mere minutes from the tech giants of Silicon Roundabout. This one’s for the fancy lot among us.
2) Saunter through the hotel entrance, spring up the stairs, to be greeted by friendly staff waiting at the top. Look around; you’ll notice Plate is divided into three sophisticated dining areas with comfy banquettes, floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Old Street, marble flooring, and an open kitchen where smart chefs do clever things, making your food taste delicious.
3) Oh yeah, about the food. Unlike the surroundings, there’s nothing flashy about the menu; just ingredients of the highest quality brought together to create fresh, flavour-packed plates. It’s simplicity at its finest.
4) Start the evening with Plate’s signature bread flight: fresh sourdough; brioche; and Marmite(!) buns, with a selection of whipped and seasonal butters blended with onion and balsamic. It’s butter like you’ve never tried before - light but indulgent. The Marmite bread is subtle and tastes rather nice (and I usually hate Marmite!)
5) It might seem a little unusual to include smashed avocado on toasted sourdough for starters (not just brunch), but it really works, no matter the time of day. There’s generous portions of creamy avo and carefully poached eggs. Hankering for something meaty? The LDF 8oz sirloin steak is beautifully done, however you like it (medium rare please, people!)
6) At Plate, you’re in good hands. The owner and creative head chef, Arnaud Stevens, has previously worked alongside Gordon Ramsay and Tom Aikens, so expect fine fare.
7) Also, patience is a virtue and Hassan, our wonderful waiter, has it in abundance. We’re sorry it took us so long to order, Hassan. We appreciate the warm smile, the recommendations and the three bottles you opened for us to sample before picking our favourite wine. What a man!
8) You'll want to make room for dessert, no matter what. The chocolate caramel fondant is rich and indulgent, but the sticky toffee pudding wins it for me; swimming in a warm pool of sweet, delicious sticky syrup, it’s topped with Madagascan ice cream.
9) Got an important client in town? Then congratulate yourself for choosing Plate because the deal is as good as done. Contemporary venue? Check. Relaxed vibes? Definitely. Food showcasing the finest of British seasonal cuisine? On point. The perfect place to launch the charm offense.
10) According to the Plate website, it’s all about good company and, “The importance of simply taking time to share a meal with family and friends”. Thanks to the snazzy decor, the delicious dishes and the VIP treatment, I reckon they’ve got it right....read more
Leave Your Review of Plate Restaurant & Bar
|Value for Money rating:|
Characters remaining: 2600
|Subscribe to the Fluid e-newsletter:||Get the hottest special offers, bar info and restaurant news first. You can unsubscribe at any time. We take your privacy very seriously and will never share your details with third parties witout your consent.|
Your review has been submitted. Once you have verified your e-mail address, it will be displayed on the site.
- Cuisine Type: British
- Group: (Independent/Freehouse)
Special offers, discounts and deals at Plate Restaurant & Bar
Type: Dinner, Fixed price Menu, Lunch, Over £30 Special Offer
Date: 19 Jun, 2018 - 19 Jul, 2023
Day(s): Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Plate Restaurant & Bar has yet to supply us with with a public email address. You can telephone them on +44 2038373102 (please mention Fluid London when calling).
Send a link of Plate Restaurant & Bar to a friend
|Send to email|
Enter the number shown above:
I agree to the Terms & Conditions
If this is your first message through the Fluid London, before your enquiry is sent to the venue, you will recieve a message asking you to confirm your email address. This is to prevent fraudulent enquiries and bookings.
A link to Plate Restaurant & Bar on Fluid London has been sent.
Please note that Fluid London has no affiliation with any venues listed on our websites
Plate Restaurant & Bar Map
Nearby Pubs & Bars