Boom Burger Review
Boom Burger is featured in these Guides:
Top 10 things we learnt about Boom Burger restaurant:
1) Located at the northern extremity of the hallowed Portobello Road, Boom Burger is a tiny Jamaican themed burger joint that can be found clinging to the distinctive main drag of shops under the train line leading from Ladbroke Grove station.
2) The bulk of the pint-sized main room is taken up by a bustling open-front kitchen, while the rest of the space is decked out in a Jamaican colour scheme, leather booths, reggae paraphernalia and old vinyl records lining the walls.
3) The fantastic soundtrack follows suit, lurching between reggae, dub and hip hop to suit the prevailing mood. On Saturday night, the indoor tables are cleared away and cutting a rug is strongly encouraged.
4) With 25 covers inside, 20 outside and takeaway available, Boom Burger is aimed squarely at the influx of foodies to Portobello Road and the surrounding neighbourhood, and does not disappoint.
5) Boom Burger is frequented by a laid-back, eclectic and invariably trendy young clientele from Ladbroke Grove and beyond, and the atmosphere is cheap and cheerful, with a brisk trade on weekday evenings and at weekends.
6) It’s not hard to figure out why. Let’s not beat around the bush here: the burgers here are superlative. Organically sourced, whipped up on the spot and presented in a rudimentary plastic basket (this isn’t a fine china sort of place), the fare here is ample, self-contained – none of the inelegant mess usually associated with burger stands - and mouth-wateringly tasty.
7) The Jamaican influence plays a major part in elevating Boom Burger above your average pop-up stall. The Jerk Burger, for instance, blows the competition out of the water with a fiendish combination of jerk chicken, fried plantain (also available as a side), rocket and mango sauce.
8) Rounding out the sparse menu are the Veggie Burger - with sweet potatoes and chilli jam - and the Brunch Boom with bacon and eggs. Starters and specials include finger-lickin’ good chicken wings and saltfish fritters, among others.
9) The bar’s drinks list is simple but effective, with bottled beer and soft drinks augmented by stiff cocktails such as the rum punch and pina coladas.
10) Despite its diminutive size, Boom Burger contains all the right ingredients for a fantastic, relaxed and eclectic evening on Portobello Road....read more
Leave Your Review of Boom Burger
|Value for Money rating:|
Characters remaining: 2600
|Subscribe to the Fluid e-newsletter:||Get the hottest special offers, bar info and restaurant news first. You can unsubscribe at any time. We take your privacy very seriously and will never share your details with third parties witout your consent.|
Your review has been submitted. Once you have verified your e-mail address, it will be displayed on the site.
- Cuisine Type: Burgers
- Group: (Independent/Freehouse)
Boom Burger has yet to supply us with with a public email address. You can telephone them on <em>Not on file</em> (please mention Fluid London when calling).
Send a link of Boom Burger to a friend
|Send to email|
Enter the number shown above:
I agree to the Terms & Conditions
If this is your first message through the Fluid London, before your enquiry is sent to the venue, you will recieve a message asking you to confirm your email address. This is to prevent fraudulent enquiries and bookings.
A link to Boom Burger on Fluid London has been sent.
Please note that Fluid London has no affiliation with any venues listed on our websites
Boom Burger Map
Nearby Pubs & Bars