Chisou is featured in these Guides:
Top 10 things we discovered about Chisou Knightsbridge:
1) This Japanese restaurant is a stone’s throw from Harrods, making it the perfect place to ‘drop’ after you ‘shop’.
2) While I try not to judge a book by its cover, I very much do when it comes to restaurants. Luckily, Chisou Knightsbridge is a book I would immediately pick off the shelf and buy, even if its pages were empty; which, in this metaphor, they’re not.
3) The light-washed walls of this converted townhouse are contrasted by dark wood panelling which also extends to the semi-private booths. It’s all very authentic Japanese tea house and I’m pretty sure its reminiscent of most scenes of Memoirs of a Geisha.
4) If Chisou were a book, its main character would be the delightful manager John. No villain, he is the hero of this tale and swoops gallantly between tables filling up thimbles of sake, so the booze keeps flowing.
5) Be smart and listen to John’s suggestions on what to order; his recommendations will ensure your own story has a successful beginning, middle and end.
6) On our visit, the chapters journeyed by sea via platters of sushi and sashimi, chilli crab, and the highlight of the night - a prawn-spinach salad, which, unsurprisingly, we discovered was a house favourite. They also travelled by land via pork belly and sesame beef fillet.
7) The titles of these chapters: Moby-Lick, Hucklemerry Sushi-Finn and The BFG (blooming fabulous grub). I haven’t been to Japan but I’ve eaten my share of Japanese food and can say with some level of expertise the experience is beanstalk not bean, magic carpet not rug, technicolour dreamcoat not anorak. If you get my slightly obscure drift.
8) But don’t take my word for it; the pages of this book were crammed corner to corner with regulars who return time and time again.
9) Don’t visit Chisou without trying the sake. Ignore warnings that it’s simply petrol masquerading as rice wine. The house sake at Chisou is actually palatable. Better than palatable in fact, it’s ambrosia - drinking it shall make you an immortal god! (For a few hours at least).
10) Like all good books, this short London story sadly had to end, but I can suggest with the most honest of assurances that, if you visit this Knightsbridge restaurant, your evening will likewise end happily ever after....read more
Leave Your Review of Chisou
|Value for Money rating:|
Characters remaining: 2600
|Subscribe to the Fluid e-newsletter:||Get the hottest special offers, bar info and restaurant news first. You can unsubscribe at any time. We take your privacy very seriously and will never share your details with third parties witout your consent.|
- Cuisine Type: Japanese
- Group: Chisou
Chisou has yet to supply us with with a public email address. You can telephone them on <em>Not on file</em> (please mention Fluid London when calling).
Send a link of Chisou to a friend
|Send to email|
Enter the number shown above:
I agree to the Terms & Conditions
If this is your first message through the Fluid London, before your enquiry is sent to the venue, you will recieve a message asking you to confirm your email address. This is to prevent fraudulent enquiries and bookings.
A link to Chisou on Fluid London has been sent.
Please note that Fluid London has no affiliation with any venues listed on our websites
Nearby Pubs & Bars