Romulo Cafe London Review
Book a table at Romulo Cafe London
Romulo Cafe London is featured in these Guides:
Top 10 things you should know about Romulo Cafe:
1) The word “cafe” is very misleading. Romulo is a refined, award-winning London restaurant, rich in history, delivering yummy Filipino food with modern elegance.
2) So what is Filipino food? Think sweet and sour flavours of Asia with an American zest and Spanish sophistication. The menu is split into platitos and platos (small and large plates) to make choosing easy.
3) Sizzling chicken sisig – music to your ears. Sisig is a classic dish usually made with pork, but here chicken gets the sisig treatment in this house special. Think diced chicken with ginger, green chili, garlic, and lemongrass. When this arrives sizzling at your table, you will want to order another; and another. Try it with garlic fried rice.
4) Pandesal – another house special. Filipino bread made with flour, eggs, yeast, sugar, and salt; baked fresh twice a day. Try Pandesal with some butter and a pinch of salt. These soft, fluffy, slightly sweet mounds of love are hard to beat.
5) Vegetarians don’t need to worry. There are many vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options like the jackfruit curry. The humble but versatile jackfruit has a texture similar to pulled pork and an almost savoury taste.
6) Romulo Cafe is a stone’s throw from the trendy Design Museum in Kensingston, if you’re planning a day out in London. It also has a trendy cocktail list worthy of a world class bar. Top tip: cocktails are half price every day between 4pm and 7pm in their very happy hour. Stop by after you culture hit at the museum and be sure to say hi to their resident goldfish, Sal (short for Pandesal!), who lives by the bar.
7) Did someone say brunch? Romulo has one of the top 10 brunches in London. Tuck into three tasting plates, each including the famous sizzling sisig and moreish lamb empanadas. Wash it down with unlimited fruity prosecco cocktails or wine for under £30 per head.
8) Halo-Halo – save space for this. The pudding of all puddings has to be eaten to be believed. A merry mix of tastes and textures from the exotic Philippines – ube (purple yam) ice cream, banana puree, jackfruit, leche flan, pandan jelly, iced sweetened milk and coconut. More please!
9) It’s all about family, right? Romulo is family-run, family-owned and has a family feel. Bring the kids and check out the kid-friendly platitos (like Kensington Fried Chicken), as well as the grown up tasting menu with drinks pairing for big kids over 18. If you want to throw a party, they have a private room downstairs for up to 20 people which also includes KARAOKE!
10) Can’t be bothered to leave home? Have sensational Filipino food delivered to your door and order from a selection of classic dishes like adobo, sliders, boxed meals and even their famous Pandesal (the bread, not the goldfish!).
Leave Your Review of Romulo Cafe London
|Value for Money rating:|
Characters remaining: 2600
|Subscribe to the Fluid e-newsletter:||Get the hottest special offers, bar info and restaurant news first. You can unsubscribe at any time. We take your privacy very seriously and will never share your details with third parties witout your consent.|
Your review has been submitted. Once you have verified your e-mail address, it will be displayed on the site.
- Cuisine Type: Asian
- Group: (Independent/Freehouse)
Special offers, discounts and deals at Romulo Cafe London
Type: Dinner, Fixed price Menu, From £20 to £30, Wining and Dining Special Offer
Type: Breakfast, Brunch, Fixed price Menu, From £20 to £30, Lunch, Weekend, Wining and Dining Special Offer
Romulo Cafe London has yet to supply us with with a public email address. You can telephone them on +44 2031416390 (please mention Fluid London when calling).
Send a link of Romulo Cafe London to a friend
|Send to email|
Enter the number shown above:
I agree to the Terms & Conditions
If this is your first message through the Fluid London, before your enquiry is sent to the venue, you will recieve a message asking you to confirm your email address. This is to prevent fraudulent enquiries and bookings.
A link to Romulo Cafe London on Fluid London has been sent.
Please note that Fluid London has no affiliation with any venues listed on our websites
Romulo Cafe London Map
Nearby Pubs & Bars