Naga is featured in these Guides:
Top 10 things we discovered about the Tofu bar at Naga when we visited:
1) A tofu bar is the best place in London to start your detox regime; even though there was an article in The Guardian recently citing tofu as the 5th most hated food in the world. Poor tofu; unloved and unwanted.
2) Naga is in fact the first tofu bar in the UK.
3) Sometimes the best restaurants are off the beaten track. Naga is on a quiet residential road, just off High Street Kensington.
4) The clientele are mostly smartly dressed locals from Chelsea and Kensington. However, the new tofu bar must be attracting quite a lot of attention, as we also saw some young trendy vegetarians.
5) Surprisingly, there’s a lot you can do with tofu. It’s a malleable blank canvas for the chef to work with. You can’t get much more variety than Spicy Tofu Fries, Tofu Pouches - stuffed with beansprouts and carrots and Silken Tofu with Ginger Dressing.
6) At £3.50 per tofu dish, it’s an affordable luxury, even for people without a Kensington address.
7) I tried the tofu twist cocktail and it was indeed an interesting twist on the espresso martini using soya milk. I would also recommend trying the Tofu Berry Mocktail and Tofu Colada cocktail in which actual silken tofu is used. I am hoping it counts towards my 5 a day.
8) They are also famous for other cocktails, including the fiery Naga Fire Bowl, a chilli cocktail using Don Alvero Tequila. Why are their cocktails so superb? Owner Tri Van Dang is the mastermind of the famous Flaming Ferrari and he was a manager at Mahiki and the Brompton Club.
9) Apart from the beautiful oriental ornaments such as a giant Buddha, the restaurant is housed under a glass roof. It’s great for dining under a clear blue summer’s day sky.
10) I would recommend orderinh the tofu dishes as snacks with cocktails prior to dinner. As a meat lover myself, and as much as I like tofu, it’s never going to make a “complete” dinner, no matter how much of it I eat. It is a really great accompaniment for cocktails though; I wonder if Naga has started a trend that others will be soon following? ...read more
Leave Your Review of Naga
|Value for Money rating:|
Characters remaining: 2600
|Subscribe to the Fluid e-newsletter:||Get the hottest special offers, bar info and restaurant news first. You can unsubscribe at any time. We take your privacy very seriously and will never share your details with third parties witout your consent.|
Your review has been submitted. Once you have verified your e-mail address, it will be displayed on the site.
- Cuisine Type: Pan Asian
- Group: (Independent/Freehouse)
Naga has yet to supply us with with a public email address. You can telephone them on 020 7795 6060 (please mention Fluid London when calling).
Send a link of Naga to a friend
|Send to email|
Enter the number shown above:
I agree to the Terms & Conditions
If this is your first message through the Fluid London, before your enquiry is sent to the venue, you will recieve a message asking you to confirm your email address. This is to prevent fraudulent enquiries and bookings.
A link to Naga on Fluid London has been sent.
Please note that Fluid London has no affiliation with any venues listed on our websites
Nearby Pubs & Bars