Evoluzione at Hotel Xenia Review
Book a table at Evoluzione at Hotel Xenia
Top 10 things to know about Evoluzione:
1) Evoluzione is an Italian restaurant in Kensington that does what it says on the tin. Gone are the big bowls of old-fashioned pasta dishes; in come the immaculately executed small plates, picture perfect for the Instagram age. Classics have gone through an evolutionary process which works well with notoriously fussy London eaters.
2) The location suits the on-trend crowd: inside Hotel Xenia, within walking distance of the pricey Gloucester Road area and near the Natural History Museum.
3) Natural light is a key selling point here with the bulk of the restaurant inside a conservatory; ideal for people watching along west London’s Cromwell Road.
4) Lunch is all about their grazing menu: fish, meat, vegetarian and pasta dishes are all served in smaller portions so you can try more of their innovative dishes without enduring a ballooning waistline.
5) You don't often see Maltagliati on menus because it is essentially pasta “scrap” leftover from making pasta such as tagliatelle. Here, however, it’s served with superbly fresh seafood such as mussels, shrimps along with radicchio and basil olive oil drops.
6) Colours are matched as carefully as a Monet painting with the vibrant pink of the beef carpaccio contrasting with the sharpness of the purple potatoes and the intense red of the raspberry vinaigrette.
7) Taste is a considered affair, rather than anything slapdash. Beef strips are paired with a creamy gorgonzola sauce, whilst scallops are given a sweeter, nutty makeover with celeriac sauce.
8) Wines are, naturally, from Italy: the Le Pianure Rosso we tried from Friuli-Venezia Giulia was light, fruity with soft tannins that paired well with the grazing menu without overpowering any of the dishes.
9) Desserts are served in a petite size so there is no excuse not to try them, especially when you have clever names such as “Sorry Mama, I dropped the flower pot”, creamy yogurt with forest ice cream and chocolate crumble.
10) Prices per dish are around the £4.50-£8 range which is quite a bargain when you consider that the kitchen is run by Michelin star awarded chef, Andrea Angeletti; so check out this hidden gem restaurant soon....read more
Leave Your Review of Evoluzione at Hotel Xenia
|Value for Money rating:|
Characters remaining: 2600
|Subscribe to the Fluid e-newsletter:||Get the hottest special offers, bar info and restaurant news first. You can unsubscribe at any time. We take your privacy very seriously and will never share your details with third parties witout your consent.|
Your review has been submitted. Once you have verified your e-mail address, it will be displayed on the site.
- Cuisine Type: Italian
- Group: (Independent/Freehouse)
Evoluzione at Hotel Xenia has yet to supply us with with a public email address. You can telephone them on <em>Not on file</em> (please mention Fluid London when calling).
Send a link of Evoluzione at Hotel Xenia to a friend
|Send to email|
Enter the number shown above:
I agree to the Terms & Conditions
If this is your first message through the Fluid London, before your enquiry is sent to the venue, you will recieve a message asking you to confirm your email address. This is to prevent fraudulent enquiries and bookings.
A link to Evoluzione at Hotel Xenia on Fluid London has been sent.
Please note that Fluid London has no affiliation with any venues listed on our websites
Evoluzione at Hotel Xenia Map
Nearby Pubs & Bars