Crib de Rib Review
Top 10 things to know about Crib de Rib restaurant:
1) Close to Kensington Gardens in Gloucester Road, very near the District line Tube station, this is a stunning, modern venue, somewhat reminiscent of Middle Eastern scenes involving elegant convivial dining;
2) The site is spread over two floors with a large staircase in the middle of the top level, leading to the basement. It is a strange place: grand and minimal, inspiring and contemporary. You can come here alone, as a couple or for an event since behind thick curtains are hidden large private party rooms. On the basement floor two little enclaves encourage private and romantic dinners;
3) A very grand chandelier falls just above the staircase providing a sense of sumptuousness. I feel like they strive to make you feel special here, maybe a bit too much;
4) We sit on the first floor and the beautiful all-wall windows let us observe life outside: it is entertaining and useful to resolve embarrassing situations where there isn’t much to say at dinner;
5) The restaurant wants to be famous for its hundreds of cocktails: Bitches Martini; Murmansk; Mojito Rojo - my favourite, with chilli – Round Midnight. At times though, the taste resembles more a soft drink than a real elegant cocktail;
6) The restaurant manager is entertaining and definitely knowledgeable: Caroline - from France – brings a Mediterranean “savoir” to the otherwise very neutral ambience;
7) The food: starters and sides are interesting, including addictive pizza bread called Xachapuri and a gorgeous quinoa, feta and pomegranate salad. Stay away from the carpaccio beef tartar though; it would feel like eating baby food;
8) The pièce de résistance are certainly ribs. My favourite are the pork ribs but I love the beef too. Don’t know about the meat provenience and nor does the chef who seems a bit unaware, but I don’t care, the ribs are tender and the accompanying sauces are enchanting;
9) Desserts are superb: English, Italians and more…some short on custard, others rich in fresh basil such as the pannacotta, definitely the signature dish;
10) It wants to be trendy restaurant in one of the elegant areas in London. Crib de Rib reminds me of a ‘90s experiment, mixing different genres - ribs and cocktails - so to be artistic and unusual. A good option if wanting to eat some succulent meat; not one to consider if you are desiring something really surprising!...read more
Leave Your Review of Crib de Rib
|Value for Money rating:|
Characters remaining: 2600
|Subscribe to the Fluid e-newsletter:||Get the hottest special offers, bar info and restaurant news first. You can unsubscribe at any time. We take your privacy very seriously and will never share your details with third parties witout your consent.|
Your review has been submitted. Once you have verified your e-mail address, it will be displayed on the site.
- Cuisine Type: Meat
- Group: (Independent/Freehouse)
Crib de Rib has yet to supply us with with a public email address. You can telephone them on 0207 581 0022 (please mention Fluid London when calling).
Send a link of Crib de Rib to a friend
|Send to email|
Enter the number shown above:
I agree to the Terms & Conditions
If this is your first message through the Fluid London, before your enquiry is sent to the venue, you will recieve a message asking you to confirm your email address. This is to prevent fraudulent enquiries and bookings.
A link to Crib de Rib on Fluid London has been sent.
Please note that Fluid London has no affiliation with any venues listed on our websites
Crib de Rib Map
Nearby Pubs & Bars