Balans Soho Society Kensington High Street Review
Balans Soho Society Kensington High Street is featured in these Guides:
Top 10 things you need to know about Balans Soho Society High Street Kensington restaurant:
1) Balans Soho Society proclaims, "Living well is the best revenge". This can be tricky to follow if you take a calorie counter on a dinner date. That’s if they haven't wondered into Soho by mistake, as this branch is based in fashionable High Street Kensington.
2) The decor is disarmingly calm and akin to a bohemian Euro-cafe with its olive-green walls and muted wooden furniture. Surely your fitness fanatic date will let his/her guard down?
3) Servers are dressed in an equally relaxed style: checked shirts, smart jeans and brown aprons, subtly removing any barriers to your culinary enjoyment.
4) The clientele are mostly dressed in a smart casuals, but they do look like they've been on the treadmill for at least an hour before dinner.
5) Your guest might say there are 625 calories in a bottle of wine, but the server will probably say, "Well, you could have the bland, nondescript bottle of still water, or you could have the bottle of fresh, dry Il Banchetto Rosso, which is extremely quaffable and goes well with all dishes, including seafood".
6) Starters are generally problem-free in terms of calorific damage. The scallops are light, delicate and pillowy, although your diet-conscious guest might choose to avoid too much artichoke puree.
7) Who said eating vegetarian dishes has to be boring? The burnt aubergine baba ganoush is refreshing and flavoursome. However, the abundance of flatbread might add to your waistline.
8) Indulgent options include their famous burger, but there are healthier fish options like roast hake and sesame tuna. With white beans and tomato stew to accompany the hake, and pak choi with the tuna, this is a menu that won't offend your health-conscious guest.
9) That is until he/she reaches dessert. The banoffee pie is all butter, sugar, whipped cream and bananas: indulgently irresistible. Hopefully, by this point, they would’ve drunk enough glasses of wine to have ceased counting calories.
10) The Balans lifestyle is about relaxation and enjoyment. It's the kind of cafe society where you can chat for hours with friends without ever checking the time or turning on your smart phone. Whether you are a gym fanatic or a couch potato, this is a universal lifestyle that we can all sign up for....read more
Customer Reviews for Balans Soho Society Kensington High Street
Average (based on 1 votes): 1 Atmosphere: Value: Quality:
The following customer reviews are not endorsed by Fluid London and are simply those of users who wish to publish their independent experiences of Balans Soho Society Kensington High Street.
“i found it quite beautiful. it was a nice, claming atmosphere and the food was wonderful”
Atmosphere: Value: Quality:
Charles, London (11 years 2 months 14 days ago)
Leave Your Review of Balans Soho Society Kensington High Street
|Value for Money rating:|
Characters remaining: 2600
|Subscribe to the Fluid e-newsletter:||Get the hottest special offers, bar info and restaurant news first. You can unsubscribe at any time. We take your privacy very seriously and will never share your details with third parties witout your consent.|
Your review has been submitted. Once you have verified your e-mail address, it will be displayed on the site.
The a la carte menu with its emphasis on simple dishes, grills, sautés and roasts, created using high quality fresh ingredients, complements the comprehensive wine list and reasonable prices.
- Cuisine Type: Eclectic
- Average Price: Â£35.00
- Dress Code: Not Specified
- Group: Balans
Balans Soho Society Kensington High Street has yet to supply us with with a public email address. You can telephone them on 020 7376 0115 (please mention Fluid London when calling).
Send a link of Balans Soho Society Kensington High Street to a friend
|Send to email|
Enter the number shown above:
I agree to the Terms & Conditions
If this is your first message through the Fluid London, before your enquiry is sent to the venue, you will recieve a message asking you to confirm your email address. This is to prevent fraudulent enquiries and bookings.
A link to Balans Soho Society Kensington High Street on Fluid London has been sent.
Please note that Fluid London has no affiliation with any venues listed on our websites
Balans Soho Society Kensington High Street Map
Nearby Pubs & Bars