Prince of Wales Feathers Review
Book a table at Prince of Wales Feathers
Top 10 things you need to know about Prince of Wales Feathers pub:
1) Americans have their diners, we have our pubs. They have their obesity, we have alcoholism. It's easy to stereotype, but we all have those irritating American cousins who beg us to take them to a British pub and to Buckingham Palace to see The Queen.
2) Taking them to Prince of Wales Feathers pub in Fitzrovia kills two birds with one stone: they get royalty and pub culture all on the same night.
3) Shakespeare, Austen, Dickens: the greatest writers are all over this side of the Atlantic, so it was hardly surprising to see a thoughtful quote grace the front of their entrance: "Reality is an illusion caused by the lack of good beer".
4) Showing off Britain’s democratic heritage, you can build your own burgers here. I recommend voting for the meaty combo of pork and chorizo if you have a hearty appetite, and their sweet potato fries are probably tastier than what might be served at Clarence House.
5) It doesn't get more British than the produce at this pub: free range pork from Suffolk and the North Downs of Kent. Even the diet of the animals is local, using apple pulp sourced from nearby farms.
6) To impress your guests from across the pond, the dessert of choice ought to be the blackcurrant curd Eton mess, which is traditionally served at Eton College's annual cricket game against the pupils of Harrow School. It's summery, creamy and suitably American in size.
7) No traditional pub visit is complete without some fine beers on tap from local cask brewers. Tribute, Doom Bar and Mad Goose; Prince of Wales Feathers has them all, although do explain to your guests that you’re going to sample some beer rather than attend a Marvel comic convention.
8) The pub might not have the royal household budget for interior decorations, but it does have some fine pictures of royalty adorning the walls along with replicas of famous paintings like The Mona Lisa and The Girl With The Pearl Earrings.
9) If global warming has taken over from the traditional wet British summer, you can also wine and dine on their beautiful outdoor roof terrace.
10) If you don’t get an invite to visit Buckingham Palace, a visit to Prince of Wales Feathers pub is certainly a worthy substitute....read more
Leave Your Review of Prince of Wales Feathers
|Value for Money rating:|
Characters remaining: 2600
|Subscribe to the Fluid e-newsletter:||Get the hottest special offers, bar info and restaurant news first. You can unsubscribe at any time. We take your privacy very seriously and will never share your details with third parties witout your consent.|
Your review has been submitted. Once you have verified your e-mail address, it will be displayed on the site.
- Dress Code: Not Specified
- Group: (Independent/Freehouse)
Prince of Wales Feathers has yet to supply us with with a public email address. You can telephone them on 020-7255-9911 (please mention Fluid London when calling).
Send a link of Prince of Wales Feathers to a friend
|Send to email|
Enter the number shown above:
I agree to the Terms & Conditions
If this is your first message through the Fluid London, before your enquiry is sent to the venue, you will recieve a message asking you to confirm your email address. This is to prevent fraudulent enquiries and bookings.
A link to Prince of Wales Feathers on Fluid London has been sent.
Please note that Fluid London has no affiliation with any venues listed on our websites
Prince of Wales Feathers Map
Nearby Pubs & Bars