The Pig's Ear Review
Top 10 things you need to know about The Pig’s Ear:
1) You’ve over eaten recently. Instagram has been pulling you in six different directions and you’ve tried everything from bubble waffles to melted cheese burgers. Your heart might cave any second and you find yourself walking along Albert Bridge just to ease your bulging stomach.
2) After ten minutes of walking (more than you have done in months), you come across The Pig’s Ear. Situated on a quaint little street in Chelsea, it’ll quench your growing thirst and might have something healthy to eat. You deserve a treat for all that walking, on a Sunday.
3) The Pig’s Ear has comfy seating, an old-timey feel, quiet music and a menu that will make you feel like your life is sometimes full of good choices. You opt for the halloumi cheese bites and watermelon salad.
4) Who knew watermelon went so well with cheese!? You didn’t and you’ve swallowed the whole thing down without drawing breath or sipping wine.
5) Your healthier accomplice moans in delight over her chorizo Scotch egg which has entered a beautiful marriage with wholegrain mustard.
6) Next: mains. The staff help you decide on another healthy option: cod fillet with sweet potato and watercress salad. The first forkful you swallow obliterates the heavy foods you’ve gorged on this week. Clean but so wonderfully balanced in flavour; salt not needed. Another glass of wine is needed though. Wine is good. We like wine.
7) Your friend cracks jokes with more gusto than she’s had in her last five relationships, as she feasts on her fries and steak. Usually you’d be jealous because you love steak but the cod has relieved your aches and pains and you feel serene and light.
8) The only thing that may cause you some trouble, however, is dessert because pub desserts are not for the faint hearted. Your sticky toffee pudding is dripping in a sauce with a sheen that you can see peeking through the icing sugar. Each spoonful is a nod to Britain’s best puds and your eyes roll back.
9) One last glass of wine, you ask? LOL, of course! Wine is healthy, right? It’s healthy enough.
10) As you leave, you’re walking easy. You feel enlightened. You’re gonna walk more, eat better, drink better. You will be a better you! But first: chocolate....read more
Customer Reviews for The Pig's Ear
Average (based on 1 votes): 1 Atmosphere: Value: Quality:
The following customer reviews are not endorsed by Fluid London and are simply those of users who wish to publish their independent experiences of The Pig's Ear.
“One of my favourite pubs in London. Good atmosphere and cracking beer on tap. Small and can get a tad cramped in the evenings, so best to get to the pub early and grab a table.”
Atmosphere: Value: Quality:
Craig, London (9 years 2 months 26 days ago)
Leave Your Review of The Pig's Ear
|Value for Money rating:|
Characters remaining: 2600
|Subscribe to the Fluid e-newsletter:||Get the hottest special offers, bar info and restaurant news first. You can unsubscribe at any time. We take your privacy very seriously and will never share your details with third parties witout your consent.|
Your review has been submitted. Once you have verified your e-mail address, it will be displayed on the site.
- Cuisine Type: Pub
- Dress Code: Not Specified
- Group: (Independent/Freehouse)
The Pig's Ear has yet to supply us with with a public email address. You can telephone them on 020 7352 2908 (please mention Fluid London when calling).
Send a link of The Pig's Ear to a friend
|Send to email|
Enter the number shown above:
I agree to the Terms & Conditions
If this is your first message through the Fluid London, before your enquiry is sent to the venue, you will recieve a message asking you to confirm your email address. This is to prevent fraudulent enquiries and bookings.
A link to The Pig's Ear on Fluid London has been sent.
Please note that Fluid London has no affiliation with any venues listed on our websites
The Pig's Ear Map
Nearby Pubs & Bars