A shortlist of restaurants was made following a public vote which considered some of London's best vegetarian restaurants. A judging panel of experts - which included celebrity chef author Arthur Potts Dawson, Editor of The Vegetarian Magazine, Jane Hughes, and George Clark of the Sustainable Restaurant Association - then had the final say.
Mildred's vegetarian restaurant in Soho was Highly Commended, whilst The Karma Free Pizza Company in Harrow was given a special One To Watch award.
Ritchie Sakthivel, managing director of The Riverside Vegetaria restaurant in Kingston, has been quoted as saying that the philosophy behind the restaurant is to “be completely ethical, you must be vegetarian. Living as a vegetarian improves the life of an individual in both a physical and moral sense."
Recent Restaurants Articles
- 24 Best Restaurants in London's Westfield Shopping Centre in Stratford (15 Feb 18)
- From Lima with Love: London's Top Peruvian Restaurants (06 Aug 15)
- 9 Best Restaurants Near Icebar London (04 May 15)
- 24-Hour Dining: 6 Restaurants in London That Go Round The Clock (12 Jul 14)
- Slow Food UK Welcomes 100th Member To Chef Alliance (a Londoner!) (21 Nov 13)