Verbene arrives at the acclaimed Borough Market-based restaurant after working alongside Mark Hix for over a decade at Le Caprice, J Sheekey, The Ivy and Hix at The Albemarle, with his role at the latter rewarded with 3 AA rosettes.
Marcus is both an avid supporter of British suppliers and a keen forager. His menus at Roast will reflect his dual passions, whilst still retaining the core of what the restaurant is known and loved for.
A number of Verberne's new dishes for Roast will be available immediately, with the entire menu unveiled in March.
Based in the stunning Floral Hall building overlooking the market, Roast opened in 2005. Since then it has earned widespread acclaim for its focus on beautiful roast meats, fresh fish and game, all made using the finest seasonal British ingredients, many sourced from Borough traders just below.
To book a table at this excellent Borough Market restaurant, please use the booking form below.
Recent The Best In London Articles
- It's Ladies Nights, London! (12 Oct 17)
- Top 5 London Bars & Restaurants for Japanese Sake, Shochu & Whisky (29 Jul 15)
- The Best Sandwiches in London (23 Feb 15)
- Top 10 Best Bar and Restaurant Toilets in London (02 Jan 15)
- 5 of the Best Restaurants for a Weekday Lunch in Soho (23 Jun 14)