Fun and games ladies' night out in London
1) Who said darts were for old men? Flight Club Bloomsbury brings the sport right up to the 21st century in a beautiful fairground-themed venue. Grab your very own booth with space for all your food, drink, bags and jackets.
2) Go crazy on the golf course after fuelling up on pizza from Pizza Pilgrims and other moreish street food options, cocktails and fine wines at Swingers (the crazy golf club, not the other kind!) in the City of London.
3) Make a team or battle it out as individuals on the bowling alleys of All Star Lanes' latest addition in Brick Lane, before regrouping for a spot of karaoke. The American theme continues through to the mac ‘n' cheese, BBQ pulled pork, cheesecake shots and roller girl cocktails.
4) For a quieter but no less competitive ladies' night out in London, book a late-night slot at the Draughts board game cafe in Hackney. Let loose your inner board game-zilla while enjoying snacks, ciders and wines.
5) Jump into a pit filled with hundreds of thousands of clear balls illuminated by an LED dancefloor in Shoreditch's Ballie Ballerson. Then giggle your way back up to the UV-lit bar for a theatrical cocktail or two.
6) Chat as you Drink, Shop & Do in the King's Cross shop-cum-bar-cum-workshop-cum-nightclub, which offers a random mix of evening activities, from dance classes to doughnut decorating and papier-mache crafts to be enjoyed with a drink in hand, as well as weekend club nights.
Cocktail and champagne-fuelled girly nights out ideas
7) Swinging chandeliers, cheeky bar staff, banging tunes and sharp tailor-made interiors come together to create an electric atmosphere at the Monument London Cocktail Club, not forgetting all those many cocktails!
8) Be sure to ask for the Mayor at Spitalfields' The Breakfast Club cafe to be taken through the fridge door and into the secret bar The Mayor of Scaredy Cat Town, where there's plenty of inventive cocktails to enjoy in a speakeasy-style setting.
9) Party the Blitz away in post-war 1940s-style underground bar Cahoots in Soho. Enjoy an old-fashioned cocktail in a disused Tube carriage to the sounds of jazz, swing and lindy hop.
10) Settle down for a classy ladies' night out surrounded by lilacs, mauves and violets in Fitzrovia's Purple Bar. There's plenty of sparkling champagne and cocktails to choose from, or you can even make your own heavenly mix with a cocktail-making class.
11) Enjoy a tasty side of cheese with your bubbly at Champagne + Fromage in Brixton Village, where you can munch away and chat well into the night French-style.
London nights out for ladies who dance
12) Learn to salsa then show off your new moves at Bar Salsa! Soho, where Latin club nights are preceded by a dance class to ensure everyone can join in.
13) Take to the LED dancefloor and groove under the disco balls to 80s and 90s tunes, or party to the latest chart hits or cheesy classics at The Loop bar. Just off Oxford Street, the restaurant, bar and nightclub is set over three floors, each offering a different atmosphere.
14) Hop between the rooftop bar, which is decked out for the changing seasons, ground-floor parties and games, and below-ground gigs and raves at the lively Queen of Hoxton bar and club in Shoreditch.
15) Tall warrior statues and an elaborate decor welcome you to the two-floor South African restaurant, bar and club Shaka Zulu in Camden, where you can dance the night away to live music and DJs at the popular weekend club nights.
16) Take inspiration from the professional burlesque and cabaret performers with dinner and a show at Cafe de Paris in the West End, before hitting the dancefloor yourself in the opulent ballroom.
Posh London ladies' night
17) Quench your extravagant tastes in Sketch's string of arty Mayfair bars and restaurants. Come dressed “with a sense of style and character" and choose from a gold-lit bar with late-night DJs, the famous all-pink Gallery restaurant, an Alice-in-Wonderland-style woodland hideaway, and more weird and wonderful spaces.
18) Rise up to the 31st level of Western Europe's tallest building to enjoy a cocktail with a stunning view of London at Aqua Shard restaurant and bar.
19) Relax on the rooftop terrace of Aviary overlooking Finsbury Square for great views of the City of London sparkling into the night. On a chillier night, find a seat at the bar to watch a little cocktail theatre while still enjoying the views through floor-to-ceiling windows.
20) For a glamorous London ladies' night out in Soho, settle down into a luxurious booth at Anglo-Russian restaurant Bob Bob Ricard, where you can ring for champagne to your heart's content well into the night.
Recent The Best In London Articles
- It's Ladies Nights, London! (12 Oct 17)
- Top 5 London Bars & Restaurants for Japanese Sake, Shochu & Whisky (29 Jul 15)
- The Best Sandwiches in London (23 Feb 15)
- Top 10 Best Bar and Restaurant Toilets in London (02 Jan 15)
- 5 of the Best Restaurants for a Weekday Lunch in Soho (23 Jun 14)