Londoners often struggle to even find a night bus to head back home after a night out. In the age of the internet, people seem to have forgotten the concept of opening and closing hours. London is crying out for around-the-clock enjoyment, but as nightclubs to continue to dwindle year-on-year, we must look elsewhere for our post-midnight satisfaction.
And lo, behold the 24-hour restaurant! Here we share London's Top 6 best 24-hour restaurants for those moments when that frozen pizza in the fridge just won't satisfy your hunger cravings for burgers at 3am.
- VQ – with restaurants in Chelsea and Bloomsbury, VQ is the Granddaddy of 24 hour restaurant dining in London. The Chelsea branch opened more than 18 years ago and they've recently opened the second branch near Tottenham Court Road. The Chelsea branch has a coveted 24-hour alcohol license. Their menu includes all the classics whether you want brunch, dinner or a late night snack.
- Duck & Waffle – based in The City of London, Duck & Waffle is the perfect place for those hardworking City types with long working hours. It's on the 40th floor of the Heron Tower, boasting some amazing views across London, and it's the UK's highest restaurant. The food is British and European inspired.
- Sömine – a long established Turkish institution in Dalston, Sömine is famous for its tatty looks and brilliant home-cooked food, especially their Turkish Manti (pasta). My other recommendation: don't go storming in demanding a kebab; you might get a stern riposte.
- Polo Bar – the great traditional British café that never sleeps. Polo bar (pictured above) has been serving hearty fare near to Liverpool Street Station since 1953. It's popular with builders and bankers alike. Apart from having a 24 hours alcohol license, they also arrange deliveries too.
- Heliot restaurant and bar – Forget about New York, Las Vegas is the real capital that never sleeps with its myriad of casinos. Heliot restaurant and bar is situated inside the Hippodrome Casino in Leicester Square. It offers a 24 hours food menu to keep the hungry punters satisfied at all times, so even when the restaurant part closes, the bar section will still be offering food. The restaurant is famous for its USDA prime beef.
- APM at Zinc – This ultra hip, after-hours nightclub features a fine-dining restaurant. Perched on the 31st floor of 101-103 New Oxford Street, diners can watch the sun rising over the city (pictured above) whilst enjoy APM's chic twists on classic breakfast dishes. The restaurant is a collaboration with the ‘World's Best Food Magazine' FOUR, who have created the Michelin worthy menu with a philanthropic twist (part of the money collected will be donated to the FOUR Foundation, to help charities fight hunger around the world).
Recent Restaurants Articles
- Restaurants Near Me (05 Sep 18)
- 24 Best Restaurants in London's Westfield Shopping Centre in Stratford (15 Feb 18)
- From Lima with Love: London's Top Peruvian Restaurants (06 Aug 15)
- 9 Best Restaurants Near Icebar London (04 May 15)
- 24-Hour Dining: 6 Restaurants in London That Go Round The Clock (12 Jul 14)