Throwing some serious shapes under the glistening disco ball and awakening your inner diva feels so right. Grooving to Donna Summer, the Bee Gees, Chic and the Jackson 5, you're able to show your work colleagues that Friday night is all about the boogie. And even if you aren't a fan of disco, you can still dance on a disco floor to your favourite songs, genre-hopping between 80s pop, indie, club and house.
If you wanna roll under a disco ball then head to brand new Skate pop-up club in Kings Cross and the Roller Disco in Vauxhall. The only possible issues that you might be confronted with are will there be enough room for me to bust my awesome disco moves, and where do I find all the colourful disco floors in London?
Brother, sister, chill! We've found 13 of the best disco floors in London that were created so that you can get funky, so get your dancing shoes on!
- Clapham Grand (pictured above) - Dig this happening scene! Clapham Grand boasts one of the biggest disco floors in London. Perfect for big groups.
- Infernos, Clapham - Dedicated to pop, disco, and all other guilty pleasures (like karaoke), Infernos is the heart of London's boogie wonderland. Feel tha funk!
- Ping, Earl's Court – Mixing ping pong and disco, there's enough to keep you occupied. Get down on it!
- Wenlock & Essex, Angel - Islington's ONLY LCD disco dancefloor!
- Shadow Lounge, Soho - The dirtiest, funkiest gay club spinning disco songs to dance a shagadelic dance.
- Electricity Showrooms, Shoreditch - With a basement dancefloor that lights up, Electricity Showrooms brings funk, disco and soul to Hoxton Square.
- Sway, West End – Groovy Wonderland in Holborn! Sway hosts an exceptional disco night with a light up dance floor and fondue!
- Tiger Tiger, West End – Hen nights spent on Haymarket toasting your girlfriend's last night of freedom beneath the strobe lights.
- The Loop, Mayfair – Groovy Wonderland at The Loop is a disco experience with a circular lit dance floor and cocktails served in fruit!
- Strawberry Moons, Mayfair – Dance floor too full? Who cares?! Dance against the disco wall! Fancy dress welcome!
- Reflex, City of London - Cheese galore in this old style club that has a light up floor and foxes on rollerskates.
- Aviary Bar, Fitzrovia - for those who wanna dance the night away in sophisticated surroundings, enjoy the impressive disco floor
- The Fez, Putney – Good songs and good atmosphere with an impressive dance floor. Perfect for dancing!
Now that we've done the hard work of finding the best places to get down, there's nothing stopping you from putting on your sequin hot pants and doing the hustle. Tell us below where you like to boogie on a night out. And maybe even share the songs that get you on the floor doing the bump!
Recent The Best In London Articles
- It's Ladies Nights, London! (12 Oct 17)
- Top 5 London Bars & Restaurants for Japanese Sake, Shochu & Whisky (29 Jul 15)
- The Best Sandwiches in London (23 Feb 15)
- Top 10 Best Bar and Restaurant Toilets in London (02 Jan 15)
- 5 of the Best Restaurants for a Weekday Lunch in Soho (23 Jun 14)